Thursday, September 15, 2011

Macsoapy's Creativity Makes Me Swoon


Gabriele Kappes, a.k.a. Macsoaapy, is an inspiration for me when it comes to soap making.  There is something very intimate, beautiful and simple about Gabrielle's soap that make me swoon over them.  I fell in love with her soap way back when... when was that, anyway?  I just checked.  It was way way back in 2008 when I first wrote about her.  Last year, I got a chance to actually TRY her soap and it was fantastic.  I loved the bars and raved about Lustbirne which you can read about here.









 



 



 
13 - 365  shelf with soap logs



 
87 - 365 (Gabrielle's soap booth at a market in Augustusburg)
Gabrielle has mad talent with photography and I admire her eye for beauty.  You should absolutely look at her photostream.  Here are a couple I really like that I just found today:

8 comments:

Jarmelia-DIY Hair Care Products said...

Her soaps are beautiful!!!

Oh wow!!! They are gorgeous!

Two Blooms Design Studio said...

I've been a fan of hers for awhile and like you stumbled on her site and loved her soaps. For awhile she wasn't posting many soap photos so I'll go check out her site again. I love her lucite mold she used to use.

Michelle

Apriljoy said...

Those soaps look so lovely! Makes me want to make soap! But I'd probably make the soap explode during the process!

macsoapy said...

Thank you so much, Joanna, for this article.
I am making soap now for 6 years as a pro. After this period the thrill has gone. I don't feel that I have to photograph my bars of soap over and over again.
I spend nearly my complete spare time with the camera trying to catch some good light.

Only from time to time there will be a new soap picture.

Greetings to you all out there.
Gabi/macsoapy

Donna OShaughnessy said...

wow. So nice to find someone new to me. Of course since she does not want to take as many pics of her soap I want her to take lots.
Thanks for sharing all the great shots

donah said...

Macsoaapy is really the goddess when it comes to eye-catching designs and amazing skills in soap making. No wonder your following her footsteps. Amazing soap features and I'm getting the scent merely by looking at them, great!

misty - fiercelooks said...

that soap inspires me...and so so yours! they are beautiful, i want them all..if i were a wealthy soaper, all i would do for fun is purchase tons of handmade soaps and take baths all day..they would call me the rich prune lady......

Anne-Marie said...

Such a great source of inspriration. Thanks for sharing! =)