Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Pretty Soap With No Future

This is one of my favorite soaps I've made so far, but the titanium dioxide didn't fully mix for my lighter topping, so I got white powdery dots that smeared when I cut the soaps. Every bar looks speckled and smeary (you can see the smear better if you click on it and blow it up to a bigger size).

The scent is a warm and lovely Graham Cracker Carrot Cake - OMG, yummmmm!


I'll have to try again, because this is too good not to share :)


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh bummer about the white powdery dots. Good luck with the next try!

Me said...

Ooh, I love carrot cake! I don't mind the white smears...send it to me! heehee:)

Anonymous said...

This *may* help. I've started mixing those pesky clumping powders in a small glass dish with my fo's before adding to my soap. So far, so good it seems to work at dissolving the clumpage.

(if one of those poor delicious little bars needs a home, you have my addy ;)

(((hugs))) ~Kelley@Body Luminosity

Rachel said...

me too! i wouldn't mind smeary soap...lol...

gracefruit said...

What's a little white speck between friends? ;) I think your soaps are lovely!

Anonymous said...

The specks add to the look! But if you don't like it, I"ll be happy to take it.;)

Suds to Love said...

I use my speckly soaps with no problems, it's still soap. Bet they smell awesome!

Leslie said...

It looks great to me. No speckles would stop me from using your products!

Kim said...

Think of it as dots of confectionery sugar! Very pretty!

Unknown said...

I bet it smells divine!

nikinpos said...

I got a few speckles recently too. Didn't mix the TD properly with enough water. Live and leafn! Next time we'll know, eh?
BTW, I used to be at Secret Bubbles you visited every now and then) but I've moved!

Michelle Stasha said...

i think they look kinda neat with the specks!