Saturday, November 15, 2008

Heirloom Lemongrass Honey


Becky Rippelmeyer, of Heirloom Soapworks, sent me three bars of beautiful soap. All wrapped carefully in thin wax paper, then banded with kraft paper cut with those zig zag scissors and a lovely ribbon. I am loving the originality of it all. Don't they look nice?



The name of the soap company and photo of the old fashioned woman (her Grandma Annie) reminds me of the olden days. I'm sure it's supposed to express that Becky still does it the old fashioned way just as her ancestors did. And it does. It feels genuine and pure, as if it's a piece of history we should savor.

I tried the Lemongrass Honey bar (my Lemmy) and it was a wonderful morning eye opener. I never used lemongrass body products before, so this was a first for me. I've only tried lemongrass in thai restaurants... tom kha gai (lemongrass coconut soup) for instance - YUM. Let me tell you, the lemongrass and the honey together is a surprisingly lovely combination. I wouldn't have put those two scents together, but the honey mellowed the lemongrass and balanced the smell nicely. Either way, you will have to love the smell of lemongrass if you are going to buy this bar of soap. As far as the feeling I get when I use the soap? Energy. Yeah, pretty much. I actually feel like I'm waking up while I'm soaping it up in the shower with my love, Lemmy. It has lots of bubbles, worked like a charm for my shaving and washed off cleanly so I could go on with my day feeling clean clean!

Lots of good stuff in there, too!
The ingredients are saponified oils of olive, coconut & palm; spring water; shea, mango & cocoa butters; essential oil & honey.

Please go take a look at Heirloom's website as see what is cooking over there.

Becky

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those look wonderful! I can just smell the lemongrass from your description.

I love tom kha gai...I beg dh to make it a couple of times a month for me. He does it without the gai, though...a very nice vegetarian, or even vegan sometimes, version.

Joanna Schmidt said...

Teresa: Recipe, please???

Anonymous said...

Yes its true your photography really lasts an impression then your recipe. Making it look more YUMMY

Anonymous said...

These soaps are awesome. The Lemongrass Honey is one of my favories, but I have another to tell you about. The Geranium-Citris. Yes, Geranium-Citris. I know it sounds like Grandma's flowers, but even for me, who usually sneezes at floral smells, I love it. I have an eczema like, itchy skin rash caused by an unidentified skin allergy, and it is the most soothing soap you will ever feel. No prescription required.

Heather@Twin Birch said...

Those look fabulous! I love the pic with Becky. Having a face to add to the bar is a wonderful thing!