Saturday, June 28, 2008

Ultimate Ugliest Soap Contest Winner

Ultimate Ugly Soap (U.U.S.) contest challenged our soap maker readers to share their ugliest soaps with us as well as their pretty soap photos. I think it is important as crafters/artists to see that everyone has failures and there is no reason to give up (something I have to remind myself all the time). The winner (again!) is Heidi Bott of Soapaholics Anonymous blog. She has won one mocha espresso soap (4 ounces) one rose bubble slice (4 ounces), 2 citrus bubble bars (each weighing 3.5 ounces) and one of my short strawberry banana soaps (about 3-4 ounces) all made by me.

To share the photo love.....

Her uglies (she titled this "poop"):

Her pretties:


Thank you all so much for participating. I loved every photo you sent, but I'll tell you... not all the "Ugly Soap" snapshots were ugly. I will have more give aways, I promise. So stay tuned...

7 comments:

Carrie Garvin said...

OMG~ Heidi, Heidi, Heidi~ that is certainly the ugliest soap (it is soap, right?)...But WOW you certainly have some beautiful soap pictured here too...And you have won some terrific goodies! Lucky you.

Heidi said...

Wow! I'm so excited = ) Who woulda thought that pile of poo on my stove would be a winner!

Yes Gigi, it really was soap. It also burned my hands and turned hard as a rock! If anyone out there thinks they can't make soap those pictures are proof that practice really can make perfect = )

Suds to Love said...

Congrats Heidi!

Guess I missed that I was supposed to send a pretty picture also...

Anonymous said...

"Poop"?? LOLOL!!! I will think of this when I fail miserably on my soap once I start making cp stuff. Thanks!

Cakebrain said...

haha! that is indeed pretty ugly soap. love your blog...i wish i could make soap! I even have 2 books on making soap but i'm always thinking something scary would happen what with all that lye! thanks for visiting my blog too!

Burnt Mill Candles and Soap said...

Wow! that one was a good winner for sure!

Morgan Street said...

Goodness Gracious!! That certainly does look like something undesirable - LOL! Congrats on winning!!!