Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Soap Guild


"The Handcrafted Soapmakers Guild (HSMG) is an international non-profit professional trade association". I just became a member a week or so ago and I am pleased as punch. I have gotten so into making soaps, I've even gotten passionate and my experience with every soapmaker I've come across since I started this blog has made me love soaping even more. Who else would be interested in seeing my new batch of soap or sharing tips and recipes? Well, my daughter gets excited when I reveal a new loaf of soap...and definately me.

The soaping community is made up of extremely generous people and I am PROUD to be a part of HSMG and all it has to offer. It promotes the soapmaking industry in general, shares resources, information, vendors names, etc...

Last year, I read Anne-Marie's blog and Heather's blog and their amazing time at the Vermont Soap Guild Annual Conference. Oh, I wished I had been there. I am definately going to try to make it to the upcoming 2009 Conference in Palm Springs, California on May 12-14th. I have two cousins that live in L.A. so I can visit with family AND make the conference, although I may not even have time to tie my shoes let alone visit with family AND do the soap thang!

The Soap Guild even has a blog so you can read about what's going on if you are thinking about becoming a member or if you just want to keep up on soap news. You can read the Soap Guild Blog here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think I'm there yet - while my love for soaps is there, and then some, I haven't the skills yet, not the dedicated time for it. But, I'm working up to it though! :)

Body Natural Soap said...

I have really been considering joining. I really like the idea of the product liability insurance that comes with the membership.

Anonymous said...

I'm a member! The HSMG is such a great resource and support to soap makers. And everyone on the Board is really nice and happy to answer questions on soap making. I was at the Conference this year in Vermont, my first time attending and it was amazing! Definitely try to go next year.

Joanna Schmidt said...

Teresa: Have you tried cp soapmaking yet?

body Nat soap: I also have the insurance, nice benefit

milly: I will!! Thanks!!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the link! I was wondering if there was such a group!