Batch #5: Pink Grapefruit Parfait soap. I think this one was a success. I used a soap calculator (yay and finally!), I got a new stick blender which I will blog about another time, and I used titanium dioxide to try out white and layering. Fluff fluff! I never got peaks before and it was electrifying when I got there.
Slab before the knife
Pile of Parfait
I used pink grapefruit fragrance oil and used a merlot mica to color. Unfortunately, I think I didn't scent it enough, because it isn't holding much scent as things stand. Bummer. It probably will smell unscented by the time it is ready for the shower. It really is hard to get this and that and that other thing all in one 30 minute block to go one's way. I suppose one must be really organized as well as have a successful and tested recipe.
I'm sure I will stumble about with this until I've emptied the bank and scented the Florida dumps with smelly botched batches, but for now, I made soap and I know it will be a keeper.