Sunday, April 6, 2008

Alkali Soap Studio- Creations Galore

I found out about this couple through Sharon at Platypus Dreams in an email and then saw their soaps featured on Oats N Honey (Love Miche), so thank you all for the "head's up" because I am finally in the know, now! Alkali Soap Studio. This husband wife team is pure talent. It's hard to believe all that creativity is under one roof. Mary and Jon of Northern New Jersey create soap magic with colors, swirls, designs that I have never seen before in cold process soaps.

I am hopeful that I will get my hands on some of their soap babies and tell you all about it. The good, the (probably not) bad and the (gorgeous) ugly. :)

Please go visit them at their Etsy shop is here or check out their seriously funny named blog: Kicking dirt's ass one soap at a time.



Here are some Alkai Soap Studio creations:

Aurora


SoHo


Espionage


Jabberwocky (love the name!)


Mitsumata


Obviously all photos were taken by Alkali Soaps and belong to them as well. I am simply borrowing them to show anyone who visits my blog. My prediction: These folks will be famous very quickly. Watch - Martha or Oprah will tag this as their favorites.... Enough said until I get my hands on some of their soaps. The true test will come in the shower when their soap kicks my dirt's ass.......

8 comments:

Kim said...

These soaps are the bee's knees. Simply stunning.

Michelle said...

Just love how they do it! All that patience and perfection! I want to buy it just so I can frame it!!

Anonymous said...

Works of art, they are! I must have a soap called "Haiku"! I just hope they will still have it when I am allowed to order soap again....

Anonymous said...

I just love Mitsumata...beautiful!

Heidi said...

Those are amazing works of art. I'm in awe!!!

Anonymous said...

These soapies are just bundles of beautiful art! OMG! Wonderful! :o)

I don't think I could resist.... hmmmm???

Croap Queen said...

They're amazing! I have trouble doing a basic swirl. Do you think there's a chance we could persuade her to do a basic tutorial somewhere?

Candice said...

Those soaps are incredible!! I want to learn how to do that!