Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Handcrafted Soap Makers Guild Conference

This year in Vermont!

Conference Speakers:
Sandy Maine, Ralph Bronner, Marie Gale, Lori Nova, Debbie May, JoAnn Hines, Jamilia White, Sheila Stewart, Jackie Thompson, Luis Spitz, Kevin Dunn, Kayla Fioravanti, Anne MArie Faiola and Alicia Grosso.

Please go check the conference information out at: soapguild.org

Quoted from their site:

Come network with other soapmakers from around the country and around the world! Learn new techniques for your craft and for your business. Whether you are a seasoned soap maker or just starting out, you'll go home with material you can use in your soap making endeavors. With classes on soapmaking, business, demonstrations and an expert’s panel you will be sure to learn valuable tips to improve your product and your business.

Conference attendance is open to members and non-members of the Handcrafted Soap Makers Guild, Inc. The registration fee includes attendance to all classes, demonstrations and workshops, participation in door prizes, drawings and prize awards and optional participation in the Soapers Showcase. Meals and snacks are provided as part of the conference fee.

Registration starts on the evening of Sunday, April 27th continues the morning of Monday, April 28th. Conference classes and activities run all day Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, culminating in the Annual Awards Dinner on Wednesday evening. The Annual Membership meeting is held over lunch on Tuesday. Certification testing will be done on Sunday evening and Tuesday morning. See the conference schedule for details.

Conference attendees qualify for special room rates.


Wish I could go. Anne Marie, Lori Nova, Alicia Grosso... a powerhouse of participants! And look at the beautiful Inn.

9 comments:

Heather@Twin Birch said...

I'm going! Psyched! I'm thinking the grass will def be that green by then. AND... it's run by the New England Culinary Institute, so the food will be crazy good.

soap & food! woo hoo!

Suds to Love said...

Too bad it's on the opposite side of the country (and no vacation time / money available). I hope you have fun Heather, and make sure to blog about it!

Heather@Twin Birch said...

I promise I will!!! :) Maybe Anne-Marie will come in her Bramble Berry Tour Bus!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Heather...lucky you!! I look forward to reading about your adventure!

Carrie Garvin said...

I am jealous. Period.


I LOVE Vermont, I love soapmaking, & I would have LOVED to meet some very special people.

Do you think I could ask my son to put his wedding on hold until the fall? :)

Unknown said...

I'm afraid I won't be able to attend the conference. The school where I work has spring break the week prior to the conference. :( And it is so close to me this time!!! Sniff, sniff....

Michelle said...

I'm jealous as well! Very! Any chance of all of them packing up and moving to Australia?

Kim said...

I wicked want to go! (This is Boston-speak for "I really want to go!") I've got schedule conflicts, unfortunately. Sounds like a great time.

Heidi said...

Wow, that would be soooo awesome! I can't imagine being in a room with so many soapmakers all at once. Too bad I can't do anymore traveling...not that I would be able to drop everything and go anyway = )