Thursday, March 20, 2008

Crimson And Clover...Joan Jett Beauties!

Stella Marie Soap is by far the most wonderfully unique "alternative" (did I just say that??) soap company I have had the pleasure of trying. I am not even sure why I say that... hmm... maybe because I totally "get" her direction and focus, but assume not too many people even know who Joan Jett is....

On Kim's blog, she plans the soap. She writes ,"I am developing my saponified tribute to punk pioneer, Joan Jett."




Then, attempts her plan successfully....


And, voila!!


I gotta get my hands on these beauties! OK. How many of you actually plan soaps like this? True art.

Oh, here is a current picture of Joanie:

Joan Jett

Much cuter now, I think, but I loved her then.Joan Jett & The Blackhearts: Album/Glorious Results of a Misspent Youth

8 comments:

Kim said...

Thanks for the accolades! You are too kind!

Anonymous said...

I don't plan to such detail, that's awesome, but I sort know what I'd like it to look like, so far, out of about 15 batches, it's worked about 3 times, go figure.

Heidi said...

Sweet soap!!! Especially rocker chick soap = )

Anonymous said...

Don't know who Joan Jett is? Do they not love Rock n' Roll?? LOL! That is a fab bar o' soap.

dcyrill said...

Soap art in its simplest form. Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

When I am mentally stuck with soap designs, I do sketches as well but mainly in software packages.

Alana said...

Those came out so beautifully, I am very impressed. I like to sketch out my complicated designs as well but I have yet to actual achieve something close to my design.

Anonymous said...

OMG, I was talking to my daughter about this, and wondered if it was possible to sink a heart into soap and make it "stay". Thanks for the pic...it's awesome!!! Great job!

Rebecca @ VincaLeaf