Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Graham Cracker Coffee Soap (aka Batch 2)

I cut off the alien skin which was making me gack just looking at it. They actually came out okay, I think, minus the ick-skin. I washed my hands with it last night and it was nice and sudsy. I can't wait until they are cured! Ah, five more weeks.... Then hopefully they will harden and I can send them out to friends and family, but WOW, that smell. I am going to have to make some bath goodies with it. Mmmm.

So according to the chemist soapers out there, I didn't add enough lye to my batch 2. I am hopeful that it will become soap, because I have become a bit attached to these guys.

4 comments:

Carrie Garvin said...

These look ready to "soap"! I admire people that get it just right the first "couple" tries. I clearly remember my 1st batch- I was way off in the calculations because it was drier than real alligator skin, & crumbled when I took it out of the mold.

Anonymous said...

Can I comment on a comment? I have to say that my first batch did the exact same thing. Crumbled. Fortunately I saved it with a re-batch in the oven. Just in time for Christmas (in 2002).

Anonymous said...

These are positively artsy...nice job, nice save!

Joanna Schmidt said...

For the 2nd time ever I am pretty happy!