Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Pamplemousse

Pink, cream,rose petals and sea salt crystals...oh my!  I have received many many bars of soap to review and having made soaps myself, realize that it is hard to scent soaps. There are so many variables, heat, timing, quality of fragrance or essential oils, curing...  Also the taste in scents can be a huge positive or negative depending on the soap/soap maker.  There aren't a large number of soaps I have tried where I can't stop sniffing the darn bar.


This is one of them.




Pamplemousse Soap with shea butter


My nose and Pamplemousse had some alone time together.  Not only is this soap perfectly scented with pink grapefruit and a touch of rose, it is also so beautiful!  I love the texture combination, the color combination and the soap concoction that Heather so masterfully put together.



MIMOSA SOAPCAKE  A Natural Bubble Confection
This Soap Cake comes in this beautiful box with a bow.  The "cake" portion is regular soap, while the "frosting" is also soap, but feels a bit softer, perhaps whipped.  Fantastic!  It smelled mimosa-ey and it was WAY too fun to wash.  I am going to have to get more of these, because my son might actually not fight me when I direct him to wash his NECK!

Heather is a stay at home mother of four children, lives in rural Vermont, owns Twin Birch Bath and Body and writes a blog about her life and soap making.  A multi-tasker, for sure.  It definitely takes a certain kind of person to even have four kids, let alone do anything else on top of that!  Wow!  Heather is very talented and creative and I urge you to purchase her soap and anything else she sells in her Etsy shop.  But that Pamplemousse?  I hope she never stops making it.  It is too good.

5 comments:

Suds to Love said...

I can't say anything about the Pamplemousse soap, but I can talk all day about the Mimosa Soap Cake. It is awesome! I can't stop sniffing it, every time I walk into the bathroom, it's what I smell (even though there are 7 other soaps in that bathroom!)

Carrie Garvin said...

I LOVE Twin Birch bath & body Pamplemousse soap...it's richly divine!!!!

Heather@Twin Birch said...

Thank you so much, Joanna! There aren't even words to tell you how excited I was to read your post!!
I'm just thrilled that you like my soaps! It's a very high honor! :)

Michelle said...

Heather your pamplemousse and soap cupcake looks good enough to sink my teeth into!

Kim said...

That is some gorgeous soap!