Advertise With Us

Thursday, July 2, 2009

A Piece Of Advice

When you are working in a lab, try to refrain from tasting things that have not been labeled. I suppose it could have been poison, but I was lucky. That full body shiver I had almost threw my back out. Ew..

It has been confirmed. It was citric acid. Know how I know? Because I had to confirm that the labeled citric acid tasted the same. Don't try it at home because I can tell you it really does not taste good and you are better off licking the bottom of your shoe.

What was I thinking? That is was sugar?

8 comments:

Suds to Love said...

The sad thing is I've done something like that, but my outcome was not horrific. I had a gladware container of something white & granular, with no scent. When I tasted it, it was the leftover sugar from the last time I made foaming sugar scrub!

Amy W said...

That goes right up there with my advice: if you put a marshmallow in the microwave to make it puff up, don't try to smash it with the palm of your hand when you pull it out....

TeresaR said...

Very good advice from you, Trisha, and Amy! ;)

OOAK babies by Mina said...

yehk!!! lol. You'll never get that taste out of your mouth. :(

x

Heidi said...

hahahaha :D

I had to do a lot of soap tasting today. Did hot process soap and was lye heavy. I don't want to taste soap for a long time :P

Amber said...

Wait - so it is okay to laugh now, right?

But in a non-judgemental way, 'cause I taste and/or sniff so many things I shouldn't...

Ruth said...

Thanks for the reminder of some _very_ smart advice. Makes me cringe just thinking about it. But I guess "lesson learned", huh? Glad it wasn't anything harmful.

Charlene Simon said...

OH MY GOD! I just did this exact sequence today but thank everyone it was table salt.

Secretly I was hoping it was citric acid. Everything is now labeled.