Advertise With Us

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Coconut Vanilla With A Creamy Dollup On Top

Made you look. =)

You don't have to tell me I don't make any sense. I already know.

Oh, a vanilla dollup.....dreamy..... and coconut, yummmmmmm. So being that we are on the subject of my favorite things...

1. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (but strangely, I have never received a case of the glorious cuppies from Hershey's Co. even though I have plugged their candy on numerous occasions. I question their loyalty, really)
2. Mounds candy. I know, I don't talk about them much, but I do love the dark chocolate coconut thing.
3. Steamed lobster with clarified butter (haven't had that in like 5 years)
4. Fresh, phenomenal sushi (haven't had that since I lived in NYC.)

Hmmm. Are you seeing a pattern? f o o d. . . ? It's a wonder I'm not huge.

But you ask me what is floating my boat right now? The idea of a coconut vanilla bar of soap with real smelling coconut. That's what I want in my shower. I have 5 other bars in there, but none of them are hitting that mark. So today, I am on the lookout for coconut vanilla art.

vanilla coconut made with real vanilla and coconut milk by DeShawnMarie





vanilla bean coconut milk soap by SoapStore
6 oz! Yowza




coconut cream pie with shea butter by Soap Deli
(scent coconut, vanilla and graham crackers)





coconut vanilla by plantlife

So, this is the first time I didn't have a PLETHORA of soaps to choose from. Strange... Surprise surprise. These were the standouts of the "bunch" but DeShawn Marie takes the cake with popularity on the web - - this soap is all over the web. Must smell pretty good.


And then I will continue...***sniff*** to search out true coconut..... and maybe one of you will help me discover it.

***

Soap reviews to resume again shortly. I have been on review vacation. Thanks for understanding.

6 comments:

Erica said...

You know, I searched and searched for information on making a natural soap that smells like coconut. From forums to suppliers, I was told that the coconut scent in the milks, oils, and even the fruit of the coconut, would not survive the saponification process, and I would have to use an FO to achieve that scent. But using the vanilla makes sense because coconut does have a creamy scent. I'm gonna have to try one of these soaps and see if it really does smell like coconut without an FO. In the meantime, I got an FO to make coconut scented soap for my uncle. It smells like suntan lotion. :-)

innerearthsoaps said...

I love coconut scents but damned if I can find a decent one that sticks well in CP without fading or morphing. I have a Coconut Lime Verbena scent ready to try out soon though, so fingers crossed!

steam showers said...

These sound dreamy!

I just love coconut fragrances.

I would love to try any of these especially the coconut cream pie!

TeresaR said...

I die for coconut...food or scent. My fav coconut scent currently is not actually advertised as coconut: it's your Sweet Vanilla Mango. One of the bottom/last notes on the cream is yummy coconut.

kat said...

*gasp*

That first one is S O gorgeous!

Amina said...

I loove deshawn marie soaps!!!
LOOOVE your blog!!!!
I am such a soap addict too!