Wednesday, July 22, 2009

If You're Short On Time, Lazy + Need A Quick Dinner Recipe

We all have days like this. Some of us, more than others.

I had food in some places in my home and my husband was in Ft. Lauderdale picking up my daughter at the airport (Jealous. She was in Austin, Texas for 5 days), my son had his sweet friend, Amy over and my stomach was grumbling.

I needed to cook and I had no food plans, not a meal plan in sight and people to feed. This is what I came up with. This is a quick step by step no nonsense, so easy recipe that might take you 10-15 minutes to make.

  • Make pasta. Drain. Set it aside.
  • In a frying pan or saute pan, heat 1/4 cup olive oil and 4 FAT cloves of minced fresh garlic. Saute.
  • Once nice and bubbly, add one cup of frozen shelled edamame and 1/8 cup water.
  • Let simmer, uncovered for 3 minutes.
  • Get CAN of (oh yeah I'm not joking) Progresso white clam sauce.
  • Add to garlicky soupy edamame saute and bring to a simmer.
  • Reduce a bit
  • Combine pasta and sauce together back in large crock pot until all is sizzling nicely (fried spagetts!)
Sadly when everyone came home, Brad wanted his left over chili, Nina wanted a cheese and jalapeno injected hot dog (puke!) and Desmond wanted the pasta with cheddar melted on top. I was the only one who enjoyed the lazy meal.

Some lazy meal. I prepared 4 of 'em!



Canned food to the rescue! This doesn't happen often in my house, so you can see
how happy I was when it worked out for me =)

*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this Idea! I'm going to try it for dinner tonight. I like to use Velveeta cheese and 1 can of rot-el tomatoes with pasta. its great with shrimp or chicken

Suds to Love said...

got to love easy meal plans, especially quick ones at the end of a long day!

Patrice-The Soap Seduction said...

Hey, what's wrong with cheese-injected hot dogs?! Loves it! Especially smothered in chili. Too many late night trips to 7-11.....

Body Natural Soap said...

I love easy though together meals. Sometimes after a long day I just don't want to cook.