I had food in some places in my home and my husband was in Ft. Lauderdale picking up my daughter at the airport (Jealous. She was in Austin, Texas for 5 days), my son had his sweet friend, Amy over and my stomach was grumbling.
I needed to cook and I had no food plans, not a meal plan in sight and people to feed. This is what I came up with. This is a quick step by step no nonsense, so easy recipe that might take you 10-15 minutes to make.
- Make pasta. Drain. Set it aside.
- In a frying pan or saute pan, heat 1/4 cup olive oil and 4 FAT cloves of minced fresh garlic. Saute.
- Once nice and bubbly, add one cup of frozen shelled edamame and 1/8 cup water.
- Let simmer, uncovered for 3 minutes.
- Get CAN of (oh yeah I'm not joking) Progresso white clam sauce.
- Add to garlicky soupy edamame saute and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce a bit
- Combine pasta and sauce together back in large crock pot until all is sizzling nicely (fried spagetts!)
Some lazy meal. I prepared 4 of 'em!