Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Requesting Tutorials

To all my soapy friends who have talents here and there: Please come out come out wherever you are! Come share your knowledge.

Wasn't it amazing when Corrie of Lomond Soap shared her funneling tutorial? What a gorgeous pattern the funneling created that I never would have figured out had she not explained. The outcome is so unique and reminds me of famous paintings in museums I've seen.

I believe that learning new techniques can make us feel energized, challenged, and even for some of us, adventurous. Sherrie of Birch Bark Soap gave us a gorgeous step by step photographic tutorial on how to make cold process soap. Sarah of Ladybug Soapworks gave us a salt soap tutorial. Learning should never end. I love learning in a subject I adore. I feel like a drying out sponge that is dying to soak up more and more. I know I am not the only one who is crazy about learning new things. I have found that the soap making community is a curious, eager, sharing and lovely community.

So.....get your talents out and come share. It doesn't have to be your deepest darkest secrets that make you unique.....just a talent you have that we don't have.

xo
Jo

8 comments:

Amber said...

Um. I just did a very detailed hand balm tutorial not too long ago...

Anonymous said...

hey Miss Joanna, when are you going to give those soapmaking classes you have talked about. I know a number of people wanting to join the class, but haven't heard when you are having them. DDL

Joanna Schmidt said...

Amber can I use that on the soap bar? I think people would be happy to learn!!....anything soap related?

Joanna Schmidt said...

DDL, We are working on getting the instructional license before we can provide any demos or classes at the shop, so those will be given out to those signed up at the shop. I have email addresses. So anyone who wants schedules can contact me. Once they are ready, I will send them out.

Amber said...

Yes please! Let me know how that works. :)

Sherrie said...

Hi Joanna! I just posted a recipe at birchbarksoap.com (it's so simple, it doesn't really need a full tutorial) for solid perfume. Do with it what you will. :)

Kim said...

I still have all the raw footage from the CPHP tutorial I started for The Soap Bar last summer. Of course I've moved into a much better space and I've decided to re-tape it (me, moving back and forth between my ridiculously small pantry and the soap/office/guest bedroom, is not ideal - plus it was like, 20 minutes long!). I swear, I am going to get this re-done if it kills me!

Amy W said...

I have a tutorial on how to make goat's milk soap on my blog. It's a little different process than just using water.