Saturday, February 23, 2008

Savonara Handmade Soap





I don't know how I found Savonara Handmade Soaps, but I am glad I did. I was poking around last night on line and...What a pot of gold I fell into! These are absolutely stunning! Sher is the soap maker and has an Etsy shop and a blog which is a very interesting read.

The soaps shown are:
The swirls AND stripes in the pink grapefruit soap are so perfectly swirled and colored, the Lavender one with the chocolate brown sphere in the center reminds me of a rising moon in another world. The mosaic soap looks impossible to make. This one must have taken patience beyond belief. In Sher's blog, she writes,"Next, a soap that is truly one of a kind - yep, there's just one bar. Like mosaic tiles, each piece in the design is placed by hand to create a unique pattern." I might be completely off, but it looks like the face of it is melt and pour glycerin soap with the carefully placed embeds and then the cold process soap poured on top of that. What do you think? The last one is a colorful festival called Island Splash where the colors work well together. These soaps are so much fun, I wish I could learn a thing or two from Sher. If these smell and work as good as they look, I'll be hooked.

So check Savonara out.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

She's amazing! I am in love with the pink grapefruit and mosaic. And I think you're right about the mosaic. It looks like transparent M&P over a CP base or white M&P base. Truly talented!

Anonymous said...

I adore Savonara's soaps! I've got one of her previous Mosaic soaps, as well as a bunch more. Am using her greenstone soap in the shower currently. I found her from Anne-Marie's blog. :)

Heidi said...

Wow, those soaps are stunning. I wish I could travel to the kitchens of the soapers you find and just sit and learn.

Joanna Schmidt said...

Heidi, I'm right there with you. Let's go together + be flies on the wall! ;)

Anonymous said...

hi Joanna! Thanks for the compliment and the visit to my blog. i'm so happy i found your blog too :)

Anne-Marie said...

I bought a few of her bars last month and loved them. They are wonderful works of art.

Unknown said...

what amazing soaps.