Friday, February 15, 2008

Photos Of The Winner Soaps


Burnt Mill Soap: "Forbidden Fruit"

Great sweet/fruity/floral scented melange. Super suds, great slip and wild swirls. This is a large hunk of soap, which we loved. My husband called it the "bowling ball one", because of its size and swirliness. We both kept coming back to this bar.

(For some reason, their site is down. Maybe all the traffic from being the winner has made the server go nuts. Their phone number is 818-487-9805 and the website address is burntmillcrafts.com for when the server comes back to life.)


Kristine's Shower: "Pink Cupcakes With Sprinkles"

It did smell cupcake-y but not overwhelmingly so. Most cake/candy smelling soaps have a tendency to be chemically smelling and overwhelming. This one was a nice hard bar, cleaned off nicely and has a very cute look.


Has unique feel, sort of smooth and creamy, foams pretty well, slip has some drag, but felt super soothing. In addition to the Dead Sea Mud, it contained pure essential oils of Palmarosa, bergamot, geranium, Bulgarian lavender, and Guaiacwood and honey. This would be a great facial soap. Loved the way it made my skin feel.

So there you go. It was a hard soapy journey, but someone had to do it- ;)
We are so clean and squeaky you could smell us a mile away!

Happy soaping, and watch for more fun coming soon.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Those are all great looking soaps. Congrats to everyone!

I'm really interested in the dead sea mud soap. I've used Ahava mud soaps and love what it did for my skin. One of these days I'll figure out how to put it in my own soaps.

Anonymous said...

These are delectable looking! And they must be absolutely fabulous to have come out on top among all the entries.

Burnt Mill Candles and Soap said...

thanks!!! this is so cool and thanks for running the contest.

If my site isn't up just try back later. I swear it works 99% of the time and the 1% it is down is when I really don't want it to be down like now! But I just checked it and it is working.

Joanna Schmidt said...

I still can't get there. :(

Your blog address, just in case people want to see your stuff while your site is down:

http://burntmill.blogspot.com/

Yay!

Brad Schmidt said...

My 2 cents on the mud soap: I really dug it. While the bowling ball soap brought me back to the East Hampton Bowling Alley with its cheap beer and crappy video games (I'm referring here to the bowling alley, not the soap) and those are really fond memories, if I personally had to pick one go-to soap in the bunch the mud soap and ol' bowling ball would be duking it out fiercely. I liked the feel of Mr. Mud quite a bit, but loved the size and Brunswickiness of Capt. Bowling Ball. You can't go wrong either way in my opinion.

-- Brad the Husband

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful colour choice in the swirls. Excellent, I love it.