Friday, February 1, 2008

Artful Soap Dishes

Now that I review soap and only have three bathrooms, how can I sample all of the soaps simultaneously without soap dishes? I think I am in need of two or three soap dishes in each bathroom so I can choose a soap depending on what mood I am in. So, in my search for the ultimate soap dish that will eliminate the soggy bottom goo which is inevitably left on my sink that I must scrape up with my fingernails or credit card, I found these lovely and unique dishes.

I think soap dishes are underrated.


Bamboo and Terra Cotta Soap Dish, Measures 5" x 5" - amazon.com $12.95.



Stone dish, by dekco. Price... Rp.110,000.00 (?)



Ceramic dish, shown on the Magpie newsletter (cute stuff).


7 comments:

bronwyn said...

Thanks for visiting my blog:) Some of the soaps you have been reviewing look good enough to eat. The ones from Nova Scotia look particularly delicious:)

Heidi said...

I love that ceramic dish from Magpie! I've been looking for cool soap dishes too...I have soap everywhere.

On a side note, Bronwyn, I love your name. I'm pregnant and that is the girls name we've picked = ) I love it so much I don't even want to think of a boys name!

Christina H. said...

I love that bamboo one...how cool! And that marble one is fantastic.

Burnt Mill Candles and Soap said...

the bamboo one rocks I am going to have to check that out. I have been using river rocks you get at the craft store myself but they don't look half as cool as that one.

dcyrill said...

I thought I was the only one that was concerned about soap dishes. These are cool. Keep the reviews coming. :)

Anonymous said...

I, too, am always in search of the perfect soap dish. I feel like the half-bath, which is the guest bathroom for day visitors, must have the prettiest/coolest/funkiest/all round "est"est soap dish since it's seen by the most people.

I'm glad I saw this post because I'm going to have a ceramics studio date soon and am now inspired to design and create a soap dish along with the sushi dishes I had planned on making. :)

svsoaps said...

I am always looking for a good soap dish, My favorite is the ceramic and bamboo soap dish. It is so unique.