Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Cocoa Butter Chocolate Swirl Soap

Photo of two Cocoa Butter Chocolate Swirl soaps side by side

Deby, of Natural Mystic Soap sent me a Cocoa Butter Chocolate Swirl soap bar a few months ago and I am only now getting to it- I'm sorry! It was a nicely packaged bar (an example is shown below) with the sides open.
I could smell it as soon as I unwrapped it. The swirls of chocolate peeked out from under the soap wrap and called to me, "You there, come smell my chocolate-y self!" When soaps call to me, I must not ignore, for my senses get all fired up and eager, like a puppy with a tail that moves the body.

The bar was lightly scented and smelled like cream and chocolate. The bar was a good size and was really pretty with dark brown chocolate swirls throughout a cream colored bar. I went to the tub for a spin. The soap lathered quickly, had nice slip and worked beautifully on my skin. The shaving test was a success with no Psycho shower scenario. That is a key test. If it doesn't irritate my skin, it gets an E.C. for extra credit.

They have a cool offering on their website: Happy Endings (which is NOT what you think!) They take bits and pieces from the ends of their soap loaves and offer them for purchase. You get 5-6 ounces of various available soap bits (their choice) for only $4.00. This way, if you don't know what you want, you can try out a bunch of scents! Go check them out!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Happy Endings"...what an ingenious idea!

Burnt Mill Candles and Soap said...

maybe it is just me but when I look at those 2 bars together it makes a face! :)

Joanna Schmidt said...

Yes, I totally see the face. Looks happy and peaceful. Thought it was just me.

Anonymous said...

Ah the soap that smiles back. :)