Monday, October 12, 2009

My Camera Has A Beef With Me


This is why the coconuts aren't appearing here for you to see. I know you are coming here and checking in to see the coconut finalists --- to see who has taken the gold, but NO, you don't get to because my crappy point and shoot has decided to die on me and the one at work is in RAW fancy mode for photographing website photos and I don't really know how to reset it for regular shooting because I'm kind of technically stupid like that. It IS my camera and I could probably figure it out, but to be perfectly honest, which I am always to a fault, I tend to make things even more bad. Or broken. Or make my husband huff and puff which makes me tense up and bite my nails and really, do I need the extra stress of that!? Ney. I truly do not. He is funny. Have you read his blog? Funnier than anyone I have ever met, in fact. But when he isn't funny and he is irritated with me for breaking the damn camera because I messed with technology which he is a goddamn genius at? Well....then, he is not so funny.

So that is my coconut soap excuse and I hope you understand my camera dilemma. I will say, that I still am pretty sad with the coconut scent situation. I love that the people who participated made beautiful soaps and made the efforts and I will show you and your soap off because of it. You know it. Sadly, though, some of the scents, were almost plastic-ey and non-coco-nutty and pretty much what I have found over the many years of my search.

Fragrance companies: Do you hear my ROAR???? Send me your best! You will have customers. There isn't much out here for us! There is a market for you!!!!

So until then, I will continue to come and talk to you until the camera will please us both. The coconuts will sit and await the photo shoot, yes?


*

9 comments:

Dennis Anderson said...

dude what? you had a coconut contest?

Amber said...

I wanna see your COCONUTS! Heh heh. But not like THAT.

Body Natural Soap said...

I was really hopping you would find the ultimate Coconut. I wonder why the scents most desired are the hardest to find. Have you ever tried soaping with Virgin Coconut oil does the scent carry over any. I thought about giving the virgin coconut oil and coconut milk a go with some added fragrance.

******* said...

I hear ya with the difficulty of finding the perfect working coconut scent. That's why I sent in a M&P soap. I cannot, for the life of me, make a single coconut note scented CP soap. Every time they end up smelling like play-doh or nothing.

Well, I'm still eager to see all the coconut soaps!

FuturePrimitive Soap Co. said...

how'd ya take a picture of your camera then? well, nobody else mentioned it! x

Anonymous said...

Well, geez, Jo...no photos?? I'll just go hang out at Brad's blog until you read the dang manual and figure out how to work the shop camera. ;>

Splurge Sisters said...

I didn't enter the contest but I love Majestic Mountain Sage coconut scent. I usually use it in melt and pour though as I find coconut overall too light to be strong enough in CP soap.

Sorry to hear about your camera. We have a big tree stump in our backyard and a few years back I was taking a photo of the flowers in front of it and stepped back to get a wider shot. You guessed it I fell on the tree trunk and the camera broke. It was a cheap camera but one I loved. My sister was understanding about it all but I felt so bad.

BodybyM said...

I scent in a MP bar because I can't get good coconut to stay in CP - sigh. Is it really that hard to get a good coconut FO? Apparently. Do suppliers know this? Guess not.

madpiano said...

aargh, I finally found your page again and now it is too late. I moved house and my HD crashed, so I lost the link to your page and the contest and never sent you the coconut FO / soap. I will try and do so asap, as soon as I find it in one of the boxes.