Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Dirty Sanchez's Pedicure

I stumbled upon Dirty Sanchez about a year ago and was impressed with her soaps then and I'm still impressed, although I have yet to try them. I think it's time for me to place an order today. I love this bar. It is rustic, balanced, beautiful and is the perfect soap, really. I mean, when I'm in the shower, I like to softly soap up most of my body, but then my feet, my lower legs and my arms all need a rough scrub.

Doesn't it look fantastic?? I just looked at it again and it kind of looks like pressed brown sugar with crushed almonds and butter. Okay, now I really need it. ;)




pedicure :: by Dirty Sanchez


Description on Etsy copied verbatim (LOVE it!):

imagine thunderdome here... but instead of two men entering and one man leaving, it’s your nasty-ass jacked-up feet versus my totally rad pedicure bar. the opponents face off... the battle rages... the crowd draws a collective gasp... who wins? everyone! because feet are gross, and we all owe it to each other to keep our own as less-gross as possible. to that end, i offer you this double-layered pedicure soap. one half is a super-scratchy (dude, don’t wash your face with this, okay? seriously, the thunderdome thing was just a metaphor, and nobody really wants to see your gashed-up facemeat at the breakfast table) mix of sea salt, apricot seed scrub, and pumice; the other half is a smooth, creamy blend of cocoa butter and other emollient oils. it’s scented throughout with eucalyptus, tea tree, and peppermint, for the full denastifying at-home spa experience. and after enjoying the effects of your new soap, do feel free to put on a thick pair of socks and closed-toed shoes, and hide your shame from the world.

-----------------------------------------------------------

each bar is hand-cut using my cheap yet superlatively, painfully sharp dollar store butcher knife. bars are all approximately 6 ounces, but please allow for slight variations.

-----------------------------------------------------------

ingredients: coconut oil, distilled water, sodium hydroxide, sea salt, apricot kernel oil, canola oil, palm oil, shea butter, cocoa butter, castor oil, essential oils, fragrance, pumice powder, apricot seed powder, beeswax.

6 comments:

FuturePrimitive Soap Co. said...

Do you know what Jo? We're hangin' out in the same tree here..I just did a great thing. I have my fave stores set up in etsy. I love bedtime reading and so I printed off some pics and descriptions of the soaps I love to look at..and this one soap in particular has had me reeling with excitement..I haven't ordered it but I do keep looking at it.
How bloomin' weird!
Let me know what it's like - Dirty Sanchez is a great shop. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Breaking my bloggy exile and catching up on your eye-candy blog! Mmm mmm...I've missed all the yummy finds you post on your blog. Your choc goat milk soap is dreamy!

Violet said...

That's the fricken' funniest write-up I've ever read! Hehehe. Facemeat... hehehe. Let us know how it works (on your feet, not your facemeat), ok?

xo
Violet

Michelle said...

You described that bar of soap to a T! It sure does look like it would taste like an almond cookie mmmm...

Body Natural Soap said...

Not only does the soap look great and very interesting. But the description really grabs you. I have been trying to get creative with my descriptions but some people are really the masters at it.

Handmade Soap Reviews said...

I just ordered from Dirty Sanchez recently as well - she grabbed me with the awesome descriptions and I've been lusting after her soaps forever. Finally broke down and got the sampler and one of the beer soaps :D