Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Discovering Glycerin Soap (Guest Blogger)

Debbie Chialtas of Soapylove is a master at designing and creating beautiful glycerin soaps. I had the honor of reviewing her book and using her soaps and she is one talented woman! Thank you, Debbie for taking time out of your busy schedule to create a guest post for us all this summer. :)
------------------------

Discovering Glycerin Soap
Debbie Chialtas of Soapylove

Since I discovered glycerin soap more than 5 years ago, I have been endlessly fascinated by how versatile the craft is. When I began I couldn't find very many styles, though. Now things are really picking up and there are more soap crafters exploring their creativity with "melt and pour." If you haven't found your glycerin inspiration yet, here are some of my free tutorials I recommend depending on your style. I hope you like them!

You: Classic, casual, jeans and tee shirt kind of gal. You like things modern and clean.

Your project: "Parsons Soap Blocks Video"


You: Romantic, old fashioned. You love roses and tea cups, fragrances and cameos.

Your project: "Romantic Soaps Tutorial"

You: Eclectic, funky. Strange is best. You don't want to do anything remotely "normal," not even with soap.

Your project: "Soap Slime"

You: Lover of all things cute. Hello Kitty, smiley faces on everything, and fun prints.

Your project: "I Heart Soap" and "Ombre Heart Soaps".

You: Mega sweet tooth. Anything dessert inspired is right up your alley. Ice cream, cupcakes, donuts... and pile on those rainbow sprinkles!

Your project: "Two Scoops Please!" and "Pretty Parfait Soaps".

For even more tutorials with tons of great pictures and a huge range of styles, check out Let's Get Soapy, my glycerin soap crafting eZine.

No matter what your style is, there's a project for you!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Great Spot Debbie! Love that a bunch of your tutorials are in one place.

Anonymous said...

There is not a single soap Debbie creates that I'm not absolutely in love with (I love looking through her book and ezines for the art of it); her designs are incredibly creative and always fun, fun, fun! Thank you for the tutorials, Debbie and Joanna!

Anne-Marie said...

I'm so lucky to have Debbie as a guest blogger. Her projects are always smashing hits!