Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Impulse Heat Sealer Blues

My heat sealer died yesterday and I am looking to buy a gently used one from a fellow soapmaker/B+B company.  I know I could throw down money on a new one, but honestly, I don't want to.  My money is allocated to other supplies and I am forced to be frugal at this time. 

I don't want to buy one from Ebay because I don't necessarily trust everyone. I trust soapmakers more.  :)

So..... if you have one you'd like to sell, please let me know.  I need an 8 inch one so I can seal my soap cello bags.  They look like this:


I don't care what name brand it is, so this picture is just an example.

Thanks for hearing me out.  I try to make this blog for YOU, but I thought to myself, "why not utilize a large group of people who do what I do?"

xo
Jo

3 comments:

LongLeafSoaps said...

Are you sure you don't just need a new switch? I assume you have changed the sealing wire & Teflon before ....

LongLeafSoaps said...

Sorry...sent too quick ...there really isn't too much that can go wrong with them.

HTH,
Linnea

Joanna Schmidt said...

OK, I feel stupid. It didn't even occur to me that it was an easy fix. It makes the noise when I push it down, but there is no heat anymore. I guess I'll have my husband look at it. He's good and mechanical stuff. Me? Not so much.
Thanks, Linnea!

BTW, I am in awe of your shop (you) :)