Friday, August 2, 2013

Tupelo, My Guardian Angel : A Retrospective

I know this is completely off topic, but .... Tupelo is my dog. 

~

You can take all the tea in China
Put it in a big brown bag for me
Sail right around the seven oceans
Drop it straight into the deep blue sea
She's as sweet as tupelo honey
She's an angel of the first degree
She's as sweet as tupelo honey
Just like honey from the bee 

- Tupelo Honey by Van Morrison

~

It's also cool that it's the name of Elvis Presley's birthplace.  She is a rescue dog and was the runt of her litter of unknown origin.  She came at a disruptive time, so I call her my guardian angel because she is the love I didn't know I was missing.

This is her at 8 weeks old, when we adopted her. 


April 2012






























True Friends









































August 2013













Mutt Mug

8 comments:

Donna OShaughnessy said...

Amazing photos! Now I am in love with her too!

Sue said...

Such a sweet baby! My dog is my heart and soul as well :)

Your post caught my eye, because even though I am a native NY'er, I have lived in Tupelo, MS for 13 years. It always cracks me up that people can't pronounce it. They always say tu-PELL-o. I am like, have you never listened to Van Morrison?

SoapJam said...

I love your photos. I am a dog lover too. They are such a joy to have around.

Jennifer Young said...

Beautiful emotional fotos.... I just want to hug Tupelo... xo Jen

jess said...

What a sweet pup - pets are one of the great joys in life, they are our furry family members :)

jess
Quaintrelle

Ksenija said...

She is beautiful! Love the photos!

Marg Peebles said...

So beautiful....love these shots. Thank you for sharing :)

Topcat said...

She is such a beauty and just look at her soul showing in her eyes xxx