Sunday, October 17, 2010

Lazy Sunday Kittehs

My kitties

The Boss, Sippowitz (but we call him Kitty) at 16 yrs old. He was there when I was single, then through my wedding, when I had my dog, the coming of both babies, several moves from apartment to house to house to house and two states and here he lies. Alive and still sweet. Oh he looks old, but he keeps ticking. That nasty wet food is what gets him up every day ;) Gosh, he's older than my 13 year old daughter who stands at my height, knows more math than I remember and is beyond her years.



Motor, our fraidy cat man. Feisty, smart and most lovingly annoying at 6 yrs old. His stomach hangs so when he runs, his tummy swings from side to side and throws him off balance, his meow sounds more like a mowe and he won't stop moweing until he gets in or out of where he is. If he wants to get outside and we are watching tv, he'll hop up on the short bookcase right at the door, look at us and then find something on the bookcase to push off with his paw. He will look at us while he slowly pushes the object off. If you have seen Frisky Dingo, it is Killface's son, Simon, when he pushes his bowl of Capn' Scrump off the counter while his father is saying, "no Simon, stop that Simon!", while Simon is staring at him while continuing to slide the bowl right off the counter until the bowl falls and smashes to bits. Exactly.

Also he has the need to sleep directly on top of me when I lie on my side. He needs to teeter.



Our Youngest, Dot (4 years), is the most patient with any child and will never bite or scratch anyone but will always have a daily cat fight with that one neighbor cat next door. That is her only fault. Also, the top of her head smells like the faintest smelling perfume or baked goods depending on the day. Every day she smells amazing. She is dreamy.


My daughter took all of these pictures. Just giving the credit where credit deserves.

14 comments:

bleh said...

Your cats are beautiful and your daughter is a wonderful photographer, the third photo is especially lovely :)

Amy Warden said...

Sweet kitties! I'm a cat lover too, but just can't bring myself to mix kitties and soap. My girls would LOVE to have one. Well, any pet except for the fishies they are currently allowed. :)

Anonymous said...

Cats are my favorite pets, and yours are darling! Kudos to Nina for being so talented with a camera; she can teach me lots.

I'm back from vacay now, and looking forward to reading your and Brad's blogs again!

Peacecat said...

Kitties are the best

Patrice-The Soap Seduction said...

I want more cats, but my furry bee-yotch of a companion aint having it...Yours look very sweet and adorable.

Erin Napier said...

Oh, your kitties are beautiful! Your description of Motor gave me a giggle - our puss also has a hanging belly that swings when she runs, and for some odd reason loves to sleep on my hip when I'm lying on my side! Cats are funny little creatures.

LongLeafSoaps said...

Me thinks your daughter is going to be a photographer =)

Teresa said...

Oh - such regal felines!
LOVE Cats!!!
We have 3 as well....xxx

FuturePrimitive Soap Co. said...

Ooh, I love them all...but especially The Boss. My old girl is about 17 now. She's a little like Dot..except she's plain tabby, no orangey bits apart from on her underbelly. She too always smells nice. I nuzzle behind her ears...that's my fave bit!
x

The Soap Sister said...

Pretty Kitites! Oh how I miss having kitties...love 'em...I lived every little girls dream, growing up in the country with 2 mama cats & lots of adolescents & babies! We would fish & they would eat lots of bluegill -happy girls and happy cats! Thanks for reminding me, Jo! :)

The Soap Sister said...

p.s. Your daughter did a great job capturing them on film. Not an easy task -she obviously has a gift! :)

El Sapone said...

Soooo cute. Do all soapers have cats? It seems so :)

Shannon said...

My Jax sounds just like your Dots. He's a chubby thing though. All that wet food is getting to him :) Great Pics!!

cute_red27 said...

My Cat Francis will turn 14 in a few Month. My Old Girl has always been with me since I moved out of my Parents House, through Wedding, Kids,Divorce.
I dearly love her;o) I look at her and she starts purring;o)
And same here, she is older than my Kids

nice Pictures your Daughter took;o)